Monday, July 21, 2014

MIT Gentle Introduction, Session #4 of 11: "Strings, lists, list comprehensions"

A Gentle Introduction to Programming Using Python
Instructor: Sarina Canelake
MIT Course Number: 6.189
As Taught In: January IAP 2011

3.5 hours total. (Of which 30 mins reading lecture notes, 1 hour on homework, 2 hours on Hangman project.) Over the course of three days.

Session Four homework is Homework set 2, exercises 2.7-2.10, plus two optional problems. Was able to finish in one hour. Except I skipped one exercise because it was about how to implement certain kinds of math (above my head). Also I didn't do the optional exercises, because I am a rusty old lady, not top of the entering class, and am just trying to keep my head above water for now.
Session Four also includes a "Project" (hangman game) in addition to the "Homework."