Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ruby on Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl

Finished chapter 2 of Ruby on Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl.

It's so hard to find time to concentrate uninterrupted, especially time at my computer, with working internet. For example, I can't do it while gulping my dinner in a taqueria. Or when there are chatty people around to whom I must not be too cold or rude.

I can read paper books, even when not at a quiet desk. I have scraps of time while waiting at the kid's orthodontist, eating breakfast, etc. But paper books are expensive.

Just finished this one: Introducing GitHub: A Non-Technical Guide. By Peter Bell, Brent Beer. O'Reilly Media.  Final Release Date: November 2014. It's humiliating to have to start with the "non-technical" one. And to still feel ignorant at the end. But, a little bit less so.