Wednesday, September 7, 2016

completed: "Inventory Update" exercise


Completed the FreeCodeCamp's Advanced Algorithm Scripting "Inventory Update" task.

Only two more "Algorithm Scripting" tasks left on their list, then three "Projects" (eg, build an online tic tac toe game). And then, apparently, it's time to "Claim Your Front End Developent Certificate."

It took me two weeks of calendar time to finish this "Scripting" task. (I forgot to record clock time.) FCCamp estimates those "Scripting" tasks at five hours each, and the "Projects" at 40 hours each. At that rate, if one 5-hour "Script" == 2 weeks, that implies one 40-hour "Project" == 16 weeks. If I have 5+5+40+40+40=130 "hours" --> 52 "weeks" left to go... That's a really long time. That put my estimated completion date-- for just the "Front End" portion of the curriculum-- at, uh, September 6, 2017. A year from now.

That's a long time away.

Ray of hope: I may finally have succeeded in restructuring my life to allow for more study time. We shall see what the coming weeks will bring.

(What if I could get five curriculum hours done in one week, instead of two?)
(What if I could get it done in one day, like a normal person???!!! So frustrated with my schedule/availability.)