Friday, March 18, 2016

Finished: Head First JavaScript Programming


Finished reading Head First JavaScript Programming. I am very happy about this textbook series! I had my doubts about all the cartoons etc, but it does a very satisfying job of caring about quality of information too. And about genuine understanding by the student. Aimed at smart, curious people who also like cartoons! Yet another reason to love O'Reilly.

(I have some gender irritation about the images in this one... very boy-team-centric, the girls used as endless "others"... Not a very hopeful training for workplace relations. But I'm sure they tried, and will keep trying. I appreciate the effort.)

AND I even felt I was really learning something useful, even though I was only an "airchair" student, not actually at the keyboard while reading. Since my actual keyboard time continues to be painfully limited, this feature is super awesome.

My library carries several other Head First books! Hoorah! Onward.