Thursday, June 11, 2015

Free Code Camp week five

Finished the rather silly Stanford Online "CS101" class.
Freecodecamp then sent me back to Codecademy, bleah.
But I had already finished that course! Free jump ahead!
And escape from Codecademy again! Next task:
"Discover Chrome DevTools" at CodeSchool.com
Oo, I don't know any of that stuff. Finally something new and exciting!

I found a number at FCCamp that seems to be a score: "113". It ups my score when I complete a "Waypoint" or "Challenge" (for example, one for each week of the CS101 course.) It doesn't say how many there are total.

This is their plan. I'm on item #6 "Basic JavaScript" -- the "Discover Chrome DevTools" is step 9 of 10 in that section.

800 Hours of Practice:

  1. Get Set for Free Code Camp - done
  2. Basic HTML5 and CSS - done
  3. Responsive Design with Bootstrap - done
  4. jQuery - done
  5. Computer Science - done
  6. Basic JavaScript
  7. Basic Algorithm Scripting
  8. Object Oriented JavaScript
  9. Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
  10. Functional Programming
  11. Advanced Algorithm Scripting
  12. Front End Development Projects
  13. Full Stack JavaScript
  14. Full Stack JavaScript Projects

800 Hours of  Real World Work Experience:

  1. 100-hour Nonprofit Project
  2. 200-hour Nonprofit Project #1
  3. 200-hour Nonprofit Project #2
  4. 300-hour Nonprofit Project